What is Zumba?
Zumba is high energy and motivating music with unique moves and combinations that allow the Zumba participants to dance away their worries.
Zumba is fun and easy to do! This is a “feel-happy” workout that is great for both the body and the mind.
Zumba is a fusion of Latin and International music – it’s dance themes that create a dynamic, exciting, effective fitness class!
Zumba is for all ages and abilities, men, women, and kids. No previous dance or fitness experience needed.
The routines are a combination of fast and slow rhythms that tone and sculpt the body.
You’ll get a taste of everything-merengue, salsa, samba flamenco, reggae, cumbia, calypso, cha cha, belly dancing, and more!
Burn 400-700 calories per hour!
Why join a Zumba class?
Aside from Zumba being a fun, dynamic and energizing work out, you may also want to enjoy some of the other benefits Zumba has to offer! Perhaps you are also interested in:
- Reducing your stress level
- Easing tension in your body and relaxing
- Improving your digestion
- Improving your circulatory health
- Increasing your core strength
- Increasing your cardiovascular health by getting your heart rate up
- Improving your muscle tone for a lean toned look in your back, legs, arms and core area
- Improving your self confidence and maybe even your dance moves!
If you can answer yes to any of the above, it’s time to give Zumba a try! Currently, Jenna is offering Zumba at www.camosun.ca/rec